Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Creative Query: Got Knitting?

No matter what your favorite creative outlet is, it's good to try something new now and then -- keeps those brain cells working.

My favorite creative outlet is poetry. My next choice is collage art -- another activity with words. I'm sensing a pattern here.

So, speaking of patterns and aging brain cells, I'm learning to knit. I'm not following a pattern. I'm simply staring at some charming grandma from England on the Internet, trying to follow her flying fingers. My best friend says the scarf I'm knitting features the "Florida weave." Lots of openings for air. This is one of the many reasons why she's my best friend.

But, I digress. The creative query for the week is this: When was the last time you tried a new creative activity? If I can knit, you can .... fill in the blank.

No comments: