Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Creativity Tips: Find Your Own Truth

Recently, I told a friend she was making a mistake in one of the most creative aspects of her life -- parenting a teenager. I could do this because:
  1. She's a wonderful mother.
  2. She's a brilliant woman.
  3. We've been friends for years.
  4. She'd do the same for me.

For all these reasons, I am comfortable giving my friend advice -- knowing she'll take what I consider the truth and weigh it against her own reality.

No one makes the right decisions all the time, and no one gives the right advice all the time. Surround yourself with people you trust and listen to what they say. Then, find your own truth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know Jan to be one of the most insightful, honest, compassionate and caring people I know. And when she gives advice it always come from the perfect place -- true concern for the wellbeing of the recipient. Her friend is fortunate to have heard her words of wisdom, difficult as they may have been to hear.
-- Laurie M.