Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Fun: Mother Knows Best

When I was a kid, a few quick years ago, my mom used to plan Fun Days. Basically, it was a vacation in town.

We'd get up and get going first thing in the morning. We'd eat breakfast out, then do something special -- wander around the zoo, play miniature golf, go shopping. We'd follow that with lunch out, and another adventure -- bowling, or a movie.

Sometimes we stayed out for dinner, sometimes we were ready to come home. But always, always, we felt great. We felt loved.

Give it a try. Look at your calendar right now and schedule a Fun Day for you and your special someone -- or someones. Trust me on this: You've got the time. And Mother does know best.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great idea, and what a fun mom!

Jan said...

Stay tuned! I'll have more from my marvelous mom next Wednesday!