Thursday, May 29, 2008

Get Home Before Dark

OK, so this week you've discovered I was kicked out of Girl Scouts. Now, another confession: I don't like eating out alone. So, when I recently found myself alone at a restaurant, I was glad to also find a magazine to read while I ate.

Flipping through, I noticed a story about Neil Diamond, and his new album, Home Before Dark.

The album title came from a note he wrote to himself, a memory jogger to book a plane ticket that would bring his girlfriend "home before dark."

He saw a song, where others would see a reminder.

Right now, stop. Take a close look around your office, your kitchen, wherever you are. What creative inspiration is hiding in your plain sight?

P.S. Don't like Neil Diamond? Doesn't matter. Sometimes the best inspiration comes from people, things you don't like.

2 comments:

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Interesting! Those scraps of paper are actually valuable creative prompts. Here's another interesting post on hidden messages:

http://shuttersisters.com/home/2008/5/17/superhero-photo-challenge-hidden-messages.html