Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Creativity Tips: Move Abroad. Think Better.

I recently suggested you change your space to boost creativity. Turns out, I was thinking small. What we really need to do is change countries.

The report is in, and people who live abroad enjoy a real boost in creativity. Here's the scientific report in the APA Journal of Personality and Social Psychology*. For those of us with two-second attention spans, here's a well-written summary.

I know at least two CI readers who should take this as a good sign to go.

*And you wondered if I still study ... tsk, tsk, tsk.

2 comments:

Bud Simpson said...

That does it. I'm holding a "Send the Rabbit to Scotland" telethon.

Jan said...

You schedule the telethon. I'll call in. Better yet, I'll answer the phones. And make a pledge. As long as you let me come visit ...