Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Creativity Tips: Kudo Cards

I went to the Johnson County Imaging Center yesterday for an annual appointment (in honor of the men, we won't discuss that part of the visit). Suffice it to say, what is generally a hideous experience was almost pleasant.

Ashley, the woman who conducted my exam, was a gem. Friendly, comforting, with that yoga-teacher approach/voice that makes you feel like everything in the world is going to be OK.

On the way out, I asked to speak to the office manager, so I could pass along my compliments re: Ashley. Rather than having me wait for the manager, the receptionist handed me a Kudo Card. I was able to write a quick note to Ashley on their pre-printed "thank you" postcard. The card went to the office manager, then to Ashley. The whole process took about a minute.

It's a great idea. Make it easy for people to give and receive praise. Kudos to that!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

what a great idea!