Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Creativity Exercise: Be Nice

Earlier this week, I sent an e-mail to a colleague who had won a professional award. I mentioned seeing the news in the KC Star, and congratulated her on a well-deserved honor.

She immediately responded, telling me the award was a nice surprise and that: "I appreciate you taking the time to drop me a line."

The time it took to write that e-mail was, oh, I don't know. 45 seconds. Maybe a minute, max. But clearly, my quick note meant something to her.

So right now, before you forget, I want you to take 60 seconds and be nice. Send someone an email -- right now -- and tell them something that will make them happy. Make them feel noticed. Appreciated.

What would that be? You'll think of something. Because you, my dear, are very nice. And very, very creative.

No comments: