Thursday, July 8, 2010

Creativity Tips: Look at Me! Look at Me!

When I visited Eva over the Fourth of July weekend, we went shopping and saw this really cool mosaic lightplate. I stole that idea, and made this for my office -- it took about 15 minutes, since I always have a sponge, Mod Podge, and a stack of collage materials ready.

I then posted the picture on Facebook, under the very modest title: Look What I Made!

It did occur to me, right after I posted, that I must sound like a five-year-old ready to jump into a swimming pool: "Look at me! Look at me!" I thought about taking it down. But, I didn't.

And you know what happened? People looked at me. They looked at what I made. And they said nice things that made me feel good.

Today, when you do something you're proud of, shout it out! Why should the five-year-olds get all the attention?

P.S. The collage art is more fun these days than writing. Hmmmm. I wonder what that means ...

1 comment:

Lezlie said...

"I wonder what that means...."

That in creativity, as in all exercise, the Self requires variety?