Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Creative Query: Can You See Me Now?

We can draw tremendous creative energy from the people around us if -- and this is a big IF -- we're really aware of the people around us.

So, here's your creative query/exercise for the day: Consider one person you spend significant time with -- it could be a colleague, a kid or a lover. For the sake of this exercise, it doesn't matter.

Now, think about your last few conversations with that person. When you were talking, how often were you solely focused on each other? You weren't talking and driving, talking and cooking, talking and playing on the computer. All you were doing was talking and listening.

Add this to the equation: How often during those conversations did you make -- and hold -- direct eye contact?

We all want to be seen. We want to be heard. Take the first step. See and hear someone. Today.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hey! I just wanted to let you know that my blog is going to be private for a few days while give it a makeover-I promise I'll be back! See you then, and sorry for the generic message (I'm lazy and am commenting it to all of my followers) xD.