Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 Creativity Tips from Betty White

If you saw even a bit of the 90th birthday celebration for Betty White, you undoubtedly enjoyed the outpouring of affection for this entertainment icon. I came away from the show amazed at the lessons to be learned just by watching this woman in action. Here are my top 5:
  1. Be grateful. Attitude impacts everything, from creativity to health. We all go through different ages and stages of life. Find the joy where you are.
  2. Don't take yourself too seriously. It's not brain surgery. I've said it before. I'll say it again.
  3. Find work you love. Take it seriously. Do your best.  
  4. Give back. Betty White and I share a love for animals. Whatever you love, choose a cause and speak out with words or actions. You'll gain as much as the people, pets, whatever you are helping. I always come back from a volunteer stint at the animal shelter energized and ready to go.
  5. Surround yourself with friends.Whether we're in a creative slump or looking to celebrate a wonderful accomplishment, everything is better when we have friends who support us, encourage us, and applaud us.
Thank you for being a friend!

P.S. If you missed the show, go to YouTube and look it up. I especially like the clip with the President.

No comments: