Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Fun: "Nerd" is the Word

Today's Friday Fun is two for the price of one!
  1. In yesterday's entry, I mentioned that I had a "really important" post to write. REALLY IMPORTANT. Holy crap. I'm taking myself seriously. This is the first sign of insanity. I apologize -- feel free to laugh at me and with me.
  2. That nonsense aside, this is important! :-) I recently discovered the genesis of the word nerd -- the first person to use it was Dr. Seuss. Of course! That first nerd was a creature in the wonderful If I Ran the Zoo.
  3. Bonus! I said two and you get three: If I ran the zoo, all word nerds would be as wonderful as Cheri. Check it out.
Happy weekend! It's almost turkey time!

1 comment:

Carin said...

Ha! I did not know Dr Seuss was behind the word nerd, but it figures. Thanks for sharing!