Monday, November 5, 2012

Why I Do What I Do

Every once in a while, if you're very, very lucky, you get a reminder of why you stay with your partner. Why your kids are amazing. Why you live where you live.

Why you love your work.

I had one of those moments Friday. After presenting three Creative Instigation sessions at an elementary school, I received a lovely email from one of the students. I'm sharing part of it here, because it makes me want to blog again.

i had so much fun listening to u in class and i don't usually like listening in class, but u made it fun u helped me on a story I'm writing. thank u for telling me that writing is not weird because at first i was scared about what people would think. but now i don't care as long as i like it then that's all that matters.

And that, my friends, is all that matters.

So here's the question to start your week: Why do you do what you do?

No comments: