Monday, January 28, 2013

Creativity Tips: Single-task

You know the old trick where you rub your belly and pat your head at the same time? Or the trick where you rotate your wrists in one direction and your ankles in the opposite direction at the same time? Or the trick where ... well ... there must be another trick like that.

Hmmmm. Yeah. Well, it doesn't matter. Here's the point: I'm not good at any of that stuff.*

And that's why there weren't any CI posts last week and they'll be sporadic for the next few weeks. I'm really, really, really busy. It's good. As Helen Hayes once said, If you rest, you rust. I don't intend to rust. I also don't intend to fry the precious brain cells I have left, so I'm minimizing my multi-tasking.

Now, stay tuned, because I have lots to talk and write about! You do too, don't you? So, why are you here? Go! Talk! Write!

*I can, however, continuing typing copy while talking to someone about a different topic. It's very annoying to whoever I'm talking to, so I don't do it for long. Focus, people. It's all about focus.



1 comment:

Maureen said...

My definition of multitasking is when I am doing more than one thing at a time all shoddily.