Monday, March 25, 2013

Creativity Tips: Write a New and Improved Profile

Writing a post at 11:30 p.m. after watching Les Miz for three hours could be dangerous ... I may get up Monday morning and see a thousand typos. But, I'm in the mood to write, so here goes a quickie:

Look at your profile on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn or wherever. When was the last time you updated the info? Are the verbs active? Have you trimmed extraneous words? Does every word, every character count? What are you calling yourself? What have you forgotten? Are you a speaker? A blogger? A mentor? An instigator? Are you a volunteer? A yogi? A singer? A poet? A jim-dandy-cracky snow shoveler?

Consider what you do that makes you really proud of yourself. Too humble for that? Sigh. Fine. What do you do that would make me really proud of you? Is that listed?

Update, people. You're evolving all the time. Your profile should too.

I may even follow this advice myself this week. Although, truth be told, I'm much better at giving advice than taking it. I'm a mom. It's my job.

Happy Monday!

P.S. No, I did not mean that kind of quickie. Seriously, people. What are you thinking?

1 comment:

Mo said...

Even if one isn’t on Facebook this is excellent advice as to how we view ourselves! Thanks Jan!