Thursday, May 9, 2013

Creativity Tips: Meander

Did you miss me? Tom and I spent the last week in Miami, with a one-day jaunt to Key West. Very fun. Very relaxing. We were right on the beach, and it was gorgeous.

Every morning, I went out for a power walk on the beach. Great exercise. Of course, I was disappointed that there weren't more shells, but I found a few shells and some coral, and I played:
I made a flower. Pretty, no?
Finally, near the end of the week, I decided to meander down the beach. And you know what? When I slowed down, I saw all the teeny-tiny beautiful shells I was missing.
Let's say the wine glass is there for perspective.
Yeah. That works.
I enjoyed the power walks -- I really did. But I am glad that while we were still there, I took the time to slow down and look down. There is so much beauty in the world, just waiting to be seen. I hope you see it. I hope you meander.

No comments: