Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Creativity Tips: Finish

How's your New Year's resolution coming? You'll be happy -- and possibly astonished -- to learn that I am doing pretty well on mine. I'm sitting. Some. A bit. Now and then. Really ... I am.

The trick is simple. I'm reading again -- I just devoured an Alice Munro short story collection and am now nearly finished with The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. Hmmm. I sense a trend. Alice in Wonderland could be next.

Meanwhile, as I celebrate my New Year's dedication to relaxing, I also want to belatedly applaud my darling Kate. Last January, she set out to do a 365 project -- taking a photograph and posting it every day. And you know what? She did it! It's a huge accomplishment and I'm very proud of her. I hope you'll look through her pics -- there are some real beauties in the collection.

For now, I'll just share photo 365. Because finishing what you set out to do is a beautiful thing.


No comments: