Monday, January 15, 2018

Creativity Exercise: I Have a Dream

Do you have a dream? Of course you do. We all do. Now, you might not have shared it with anyone. It's completely possible you haven't even verbalized it clearly to yourself. 

Today, in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., we're going to change that. Pull out a clean sheet of paper, copy the lines below, and fill in the blanks.

For the world
I have a dream that one day ...

For my country
I have a dream that my ...

For myself
I have a dream that ...

If you want to share your responses, terrific. I'm always delighted to hear from you. But, this is an exercise for you -- an exercise to move you closer to your dreams. Happy Monday!


P.S. Do you know why Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech is a classic? I outlined my theory in this 2013 post. It's a good post. Click and read.*

*I have many faults. False humility has never been one of them.

No comments: